Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Prison 18 yrs~~




Tho there were no physical "bars", those first 18 yrs of my life was "prison/abuse", My brother and I were trying to survive in an adult world, barbaric and horrific abuse on a daily basis, until I finally ran away, never to return. Before my brother passed away in 2000, I made him a promise that I would continue our quest/mission, to strive to help others, to protect them from a world of abuse, he had told me so many times, he felt so bad, that he could not protect me, but after all, we were just kids, what could he have done? Tho many years ago, those memories are haunting, wounds that never heal, but I strive to move forward and do what I can, to make my voice heard for the children/others. There are so many shattered lives and broken hearts. Compassion, caring, kindness is always FREE, only requires a bit of "time". To be able to "trust" and "believe" in someone, soothes and calms our souls.

I have so much to be thankful for, tho depression hits me often, to the point of sinking back into isolation, exile/solitude.  


But my "promise" is I will always "pay it foward"    I WILL "NEVER" BE SILENT!!!

No comments: