Thursday, October 29, 2009

IF YOU ONLY KNEW

If only you knew
Those many moments alone
Seeking to come forward, as on cue.

I hold in my heart, all I have to offer,
My love & friendship for you will not falter.

If you could only see my eyes,
And in my heart, what’s really inside

If you could hear my tears,
Thru all those many years.

If you could feel the anguish that is undeniable,
Not a trusting soul, for so many are unreliable

If you could touch my pain, the echo of my heart
You still wouldn’t know where to start.

The pain, hurt and betrayals
Have come and left this life
Leaving me with such awful strife

But carry this with you always
In this life, I was loved by YOU!

I’ll find my way, somehow again,
Beautiful spirits all around me
Memories that make me smile

Cherished few in this life
So sacred in thoughts, word and deeds

I love who you are, a friend to me
I miss you tho you are always here

I think of you often, tho miles apart
So dear, so close always to my heart

Knightgale©2008

No comments: